Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Genoa

This past weekend I visited Genoa on the "mare" with the family. We shopped around Genoa for an afternoon where I was able to taste the famous foccacia that makes Genoa so famous. Chrisopher Columbus was born in Genoa (made to my knowledge that I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for Mr. Columbus by Maura). I had my first authentic pesto dish with gnocchi, two more big loafs of foccacia, brioche (croissant for breakfast) Chianti wine, and a big Caprese salad at the beach (unlike what is offered in America= hamburgers, chicken fingers, and french fries). All in all, the weekend was amazing and I shall be back soon.



Jim Morrison (There is a guitar festival in Genoa)



Duomo (the port city of Genoa was designed with tall buildings and narrow passage-ways to keep invaders out, which resulted in it being very hard to photograph buildings from far away)














No comments:

Post a Comment