Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 3: Country Cookin'

Two nights ago I was invited up into the mountains with Maura's work colleagues to join in with, what is known as: "This is the country life". I was told that this town has been the same for the past 30 years....It is like walking back in time even for Maura and her friends from Foligno. I took a walk (like always) after a rainstorm to take advantage of the beauty of the countryside. Dinner, including 40 + people, ended with me so full I couldn't breathe....it consisted of pizza and cheeses, home-made pasta with olive oil and truffle, home-made gnocchi with tomato sauce and goose, sausages and ribs from the smoker, roasted zucchini and tomatoes, and desserts were being shoved at me from left and right: "Here, try this!" "No really, I can't breathe". "But it is a typical dessert from this region". "Ok" (I have never felt this full ever, but who can say this happens every day....so I kept eating)





Tossing the pasta in flour after it was cut.



Seconds after rainfall.





The sky was the most beautiful I have seen it since arriving in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment