Saturday, August 7, 2010

August 4-6: Firenze e Siena

An unexpected change in travel plans has now directed my course, from Foligno with my wonderful Italian family, to all over Italy, up into Austria, Germany and Switzerland. I now have the opportunity to actually use the emormous travel backpack I invested in and live on the road (or the train tracks). The plan is, in this order:
Firenze
Siena
Roma
Bolzano
Salzburg, Austria
Munich, Germany
Gimmelwald, Switzerland
Milano
Cinque Terre
I will be actively taking pictures but now you will see the scenery start to change. Wish me luck! Hostels so far have been fun and loud and the train rides are long...everything I could wish for.



Outside the Duomo in Siena.



Duomo in Siena. My shirt matched the columns that day.



A look at the Duomo on the last day in Firenze. Forced to remember what it looked like the last time I went inside on my soccer trip to Firenze 5 years ago. Didn't go inside because the line wrapped around to the back.



Where's Benjamin?



The view from Piazza Michelangelo before the rain began again.

No comments:

Post a Comment